Skip to main content

UV Anti Fade Window Film

Car window tinting Felixstowe

UV Anti Fade Window Film
Do you want to stop your Furniture Fading?
Do you need UV Protection?

Anti Fade and UV Window Film for You, Your Home & Office
Sunscreen UV Reduction and Anti Fade Window Films will protect your furnishings and more importantly your skin from the damaging effects of Ultra Violet Light. (UV Rays)

UV Anti Fade Window Films

A faded carpet, table or sofa can be quite expensive to replace, especially if you haven’t had it that long. Having an Anti Fade UV window film installed will prolong the life of your furniture and therefore save you money.

If you live in a listed building or you can’t or do not want a tint, we can still help you. Sunscreen Window Films have clear films with no tint so it will not be noticeable at all when installed but it still blocks over 99% of UV rays.

All of our solar control window films block UV, however not all are suitable for certain applications. For example, a listed building may be victim to expensive furnishings fading or an occupant may need protection from the suns UV rays. Building regulations will not allow a visible change to the exterior of that building, so we have a clear film known as dermagard or museum film. This film has very little solar reduction properties because it is clear but has a 99.9% UV reduction.

As you can imagine this film is popular on shopfronts, art galleries, listed buildings and any building where a solar control film would not be permitted or wanted.

However, we would like to take this opportunity to explain UV rays and the common misconception of fading.

UV Rays and Window Film

UV rays are split into UVA, B & C. UVC is removed by the Ozone layer, glass in the windows will stop UVB, but it doesn’t stop UVA, which accounts for up to 95 percent of the solar UV radiation reaching the Earth's surface. It can penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin and has for years played a major part in skin aging and wrinkling and may also initiate and exacerbate the development of skin cancers.

To put your mind at rest, as mentioned above, we only use window film that blocks OVER 99% of UV rays including UVA! You can rest assured that you will be protected from the sun, knowing you have a sunscreen with an SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of over 250!

Car window tinting Felixstowe

Causes of Fading

Many people believe that UV rays are the sole cause of fading and furniture damage. However UV contributes to 40% of fading, the remaining 60% is divided between Heat and Light which contribute 25% each. The remaining 10% is other factors which consists of quality of dye, moisture, artificial lighting and use.

So if we look at the minimum using a clear film, you will get at least a 40% fade reduction.  As we start to go down the route of tinted and heat reflective films the fade reduction ever more increases.

So please take this opportunity to call or email us, as our product line and knowledge will ensure you have the right Anti Fade UV Window Film to suit your specific needs.

Providing Window Film Solutions for:

Felixstowe, Ipswich, Woodbridge, Colchester, Stowmarket, Diss, Norwich, Cambridge, Sudbury Chelmsford, Billericay, Basildon,
Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Kent & Certain London areas

Mobile: 07887 521438, E-mail: info@sunscreenwindowfilms.co.uk

Adress: Unit 4, Trackside Park, Cordys Lane, Felixstowe, IP11 0UD

Facebook